Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 10-oz packet corn tortillas (or you can make your own. See recipe I found here!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Spices, seasonings of your choice (I used cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut tortillas into wedges (see above picture). Arrange into single layer on baking sheet. You might need more than 1 baking sheet.
- Brush wedges on either side with melted oil. Sprinkle both sides evenly with spices or seasonings.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until they are crispy. Let cool and enjoy!
Tofu Fried Quinoa (makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked (about 1/3 cup dried)
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons green onions
- 1/4 package firm tofu, patted dry and cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 + 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons coconut or olive oil
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and pepper and saute for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add quinoa, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt, and soy sauce to pan, mix, turn off heat, and put aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in second pan on medium-high heat. In large bowl, mix tofu, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and salt.
- Add tofu to pan. Make sure pieces are flat. Cook for about 5 minutes (or until lightly browned) and then flip pieces and cook for another 5 minutes. For crisper tofu, cook for longer on each side.
- Scoop tofu into pan with the quinoa and veggies. Turn heat back on low and mix. Once heated, carefully crack both eggs into the pan. Use spatula to mix the egg into the food as it cooks. Continue stirring until egg is cooked through. This should take about 1 minute.
- Add extra soy sauce or seasonings if desired. Portion onto plates and top with green onion.