To place an order, you must submit it by noon on Friday (for a Monday delivery). You can peruse the menu and customize your food based on your diet preferences or allergies when you set up your account.
Overall, I really liked using this service. Here are my many pros:
- I like that this is a local service. The food, which is also local, doesn't have far to travel. Plus, I like being in the same time zone in case I have a customer service issue.
- Speaking of customer service, I had a good experience with them. I (stupidly) didn't enter my discount code until after I placed the order. I sent them an e-mail and they got back to me within 24 hours and refunded me the money.
- The pre-portioned ingredients mean that I'm not wasting any food. If a recipe calls for basil, they will give me exactly what I need for that recipe.
- The food is good, and it's easy to make. Most dishes can be made within 20-30 minutes.
- Delivery is free.
- The no-subscription service is a huge perk.
- Generally, this is healthier than eating out at restaurants or grabbing fast food for dinner. As an RD, I approve of this!
I also want more information on the ingredients. For example, from where did the meat come? I know that the food is local, but just how local? Most of the food is conventional (minus some items like tofu, which are organic), although I don't have a problem with that.
Overall, I would use this service again. It was a very good experience. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to try it!
Now, dear Chicagoans, it's your turn to try Meez Meals and save $30 on your first order! Go to the website www.meezmeals.com, pick your meals, and enter the code thelittlejogger30 at checkout to receive your discount. Meez Meals delivers to many of the Chicago suburbs (see the FAQ section for more information).
Disclaimer: I was provided with a discount code by the company to try the product and provide feedback. My views are entirely my own.