1. Not every run is going to be a good run. Don't let a bad run stop you from doing another one.
2. Slow down if you're tired, but keep running. If you keep going, you will improve your endurance and will be in better shape for your next run.
3. Your music is everything. Pick good songs that work for you. This can make or break your run.
4. Don't go too fast on your long-distance training runs. Work on your speed on shorter runs or during races.
5. Drink a homemade protein shake between your run and your shower.
6. Take advantage of the opportunity for eating extra calories after long runs (but don't go overboard!).
7. Use Glide for runs that are longer than seven miles or reap the consequences (like the chafed thighs I had on Saturday after not using it).
8. Marathons are better when you run with a charity. The support that you get from the group makes it worthwhile.
9. When mapping out your long training runs, make sure you have a designated bathroom spot.
10. The mind is the All-Powerful. Practice self-love and positivity. Think I can and not I can't. It makes all the difference in the world. I can is what will keep you going, even at your lowest points, one foot in front of the other.
Have a wonderful week!