I wrote about the 2-ingredient pancake two years ago. I wish I could say that I engineered this recipe myself, but this has been popular for some time among healthy-living bloggers. This is gluten-free and can potentially be dairy-free depending on your choice of toppings or if you avoid butter.
Wait at least five minutes before flipping the pancake. If you flip too early, it falls apart. If you wait too long, it burns. If you try to flip and you can tell it's going to fall apart, wait 1-2 more minutes.
- 1 big spoonful of natural peanut butter
- A drizzle of pure maple syrup
- 1 big spoonful of plain yogurt
- A final dusting of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- Toppings of your choice (see above)
- Mash banana well with fork in bowl. Add eggs and whisk/mix well with banana.
- Add cinnamon and mix well (optional).
- Heat oil or butter over medium heat.
- Pour mixture into pan. Let mixture sit for 5-7 minutes, occasionally using spatula to lift up edges of pancake.
- Once mixture sets at the bottom, carefully flip pancake using spatula.
- Let pancake cook on other side for 3-4 minutes or until lightly brown/cooked through.
- Put pancake on plate, add toppings, and enjoy!